They say you can never go Home...

Soldiers of Sparta were allowed to return home after lost battles, only if carried dead upon their shields. I'm convinced this is a more practical and time-saving way to go about it.

Saturday, June 05, 2004

A Policy Of Truth

I'm not sure exactly why I'm challenging myself to do this.

I grew up believing that seeing the truth of things can set one apart. But then childhood intervened in its usual cruel way and I found that delivering truth to others, in the form of simple observations even, was a surefire way to find oneself in the stew. To this day, I am ashamed to say that have been kissing the ring on the finger of the proverbial Emperor and forcing myself to believe in the wisdom of his fashion statement, as evidenced by his New Clothes.

Except now, I desire to state the inevitable; the obvious. I want to scream it. The emperor is not only bare-assed naked, but he is also morbidly obese, is going bald, and has a remarkably small penis.

Thusly, this is a record of my self discovery. This is the proof of my re-grooming as a human being, and hopefully a better one at that.

And since I’m a sucker for the path of most resistance (and not a little bit narcissistic), I have elected to publish it here, under the garish light of electronic chaperones.

This is the story of me, a man, in a self-alotted one year-long process of figuring out his Place in the World, if there is such a thing. While living in Florida. In his Parents' house. Who are both republicans, and receive 8 X 10 pictures of George W and his wife, thanking them for their contributions.

Thanks for coming.