They say you can never go Home...

Soldiers of Sparta were allowed to return home after lost battles, only if carried dead upon their shields. I'm convinced this is a more practical and time-saving way to go about it.

Monday, October 04, 2004

Counting Sheep

This business of liking someone a lot seems like it shouldn’t be as romanticized as it is—in books and in movies, etc. Rather, it should be a diagnosis included in the DSM-IV, as it feels quite a bit more like a mental affliction.

The mind is worn down to the nubs, with scenarios and seemingly hysteric if/then questions. (What are the implications if she does this? What should I do then? Then what will that mean? What if she runs?) The scenarios seem endless; therefore so do the number of questions.

Logic, my usual Friend through more rational times, has seemingly gone dormant in the face of this rather arctic mélange of emotions and misread signals.

I’m wondering now how badly I’ve screwed this up.

I’m wondering how exactly I’ve gone about doing it.

I wonder how many miles it will take for triage-type visits

And what kinds of words it will take to show that I’m Serious.

In the meantime, I shall be perfecting my skills at insomnia.