They say you can never go Home...

Soldiers of Sparta were allowed to return home after lost battles, only if carried dead upon their shields. I'm convinced this is a more practical and time-saving way to go about it.

Saturday, October 09, 2004

Puppy Love




I just came home from studying at The Starbucks.

I walked into the house and the Nervous Beagle was curled up on the couch (which is, unoficially, verboten). Still in her prone, somnambulatory state, she thumped her tail in greeting as I walked into the family room.

I tiptoed to the kitchen, open the fridge and grabbed some pepperoni for the lonely stroll over to my side of the Compound. On my way out, I fed her a slice, Communion-wafer style. She opened her eyes to eat it, and gazed back at me in ecstatic surprise, as if I had just proposed to her or something.